Monday 6 June 2011

Alkham and Folkestone

While I'm on a roll with this blogging thing (it won't last I know, I'll be back to posting once a month soon), I thought I'd post a few of the pictures I took on a recent trip to Folkestone. We stayed at Alkham Court Farmhouse and B&B which is in the middle of Alkham Valley. It was the most amazing place, the owners are lovely and accommodating, and we were lucky enough to be the only guests for the weekend, so had the sauna and hot tub all to ourselves.

In Alkham Town, walking off the beaten path turned out to be the perfect thing to do, as we discovered St Anthony's Church hidden behind the houses. With graves dating back to the 18th century still visibe, and apparently ones from the 12th century having once been there, it was a fascinating place to photograph.

We also made a quick stop in Folkestone while waiting for the coach, so there are a few from there too.








No comments:

Post a Comment